The mission of the Ozark School Police Force is to ensure that students and staff have a safe and secure learning environment in which to learn and teach, enabling each student to achieve his or her maximum potential and future success.
Keeping students and faculty safe is important to everything we do at Ozark R-6 School District.
Here is a checklist of measures in place to keep kids and faculty safe:
- Every school is required to have a visitor check-in procedure that includes identification badges for guests. Schools limit access to the degree their facility allows.
- All schools have comprehensive emergency management plans that include communication procedures, evacuation and in-place sheltering plans, relocation sites, floor plans, emergency equipment operating procedures and a variety of specific staff responsibilities for various types of emergency events.
- Every school has an intercom system, weather alert radio, and two-way radios for communicating with emergency service responders from the school district.
- All schools have counselors and access to nursing services.
- Schools practice various drills for different situations.
- Playground and facilities are regularly inspected for hazards.
- School police officers regularly visit the school and are available for immediate dispatch in the case of an emergency.
- Schools are equipped with various first aid and emergency supplies.
A number of other strategies and security measures are used in schools across the district, which has been designated by the Missouri Center for Safe Schools.
For more information, call the Ozark School District Police at 417-582-5930